Kiama High School students recently donated the proceeds of multiple fundraising events to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative.
13 students participated in an elective events management course run by SENTRAL Youth Services. The students held a cake stall at Kiama High School and a Youth Market in Hindmarsh Park, with 20 stall holders taking part - a great success!
The students raised a total of $1,300, which they donated to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative, with the aim of assisting local suicide prevention efforts.
Thank you to all involved! The donation will help more than 100 people to complete Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR), an online, evidence-based suicide prevention training course that takes just one hour.
You can sign up for QPR here: www.suicidepreventioncollaborative.org.au/qpr
- Invitation: an opportunity for substantial change!
- Working together to deliver quality community training
- Keeping well & staying connected amidst COVID-19 shutdown
- Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) program kicks off for 2020
- Article: Illawarra suicide prevention head Alex Hains says we all have a role to play
- Nominate someone you know for a LiFE Award today!
- Find support during the bushfires
- Find support for yourself and others during the holidays
- Services for people experiencing homelessness during the holidays
- Applications now open for Innovation Research Grants!
- Development of the NSW LGBTI Health Strategy
- Help us spread the word about suicide prevention
- Have you seen our new Evaluation video?
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card
- Free local suicide prevention training
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!