We all have a role to play in suicide prevention - it could be as simple as signing up to the Question, Persuade and Refer (QPR) training.
QPR stands for Question, Persuade, and Refer - the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
It's a one-hour online course available from our website for just $10, which will help you recognise warning signs for suicide and help others in need. In fact, QPR training will provide you with:
- knowledge and skills to identify warning signs that someone may be suicidal
- confidence to talk to them about suicidal thoughts
- connect them with professional care.
- Invitation: an opportunity for substantial change!
- Working together to deliver quality community training
- Keeping well & staying connected amidst COVID-19 shutdown
- Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) program kicks off for 2020
- Article: Illawarra suicide prevention head Alex Hains says we all have a role to play
- Nominate someone you know for a LiFE Award today!
- Find support during the bushfires
- Find support for yourself and others during the holidays
- Services for people experiencing homelessness during the holidays
- Applications now open for Innovation Research Grants!
- Development of the NSW LGBTI Health Strategy
- Help us spread the word about suicide prevention
- Have you seen our new Evaluation video?
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card
- Free local suicide prevention training
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!