On Saturday 10 October, One Fitness 24/7 will kick off a ‘Push-ups with purpose’ challenge, raising money to help fund mental health services and support in Kiama and surrounding areas.
According to Courtney Amburg, Manager of One Fitness 24/7, teams of up to 5 people will raise money by completing 3,046 push-ups over 21 days. This represents the number of lives lost in Australia to suicide in 2018.
"The team at One Fitness felt compelled to help our local community and do what we do best to bring much needed services directly to our doorstep," said Courtney."We want to bring people together, get strong, and have fun too!"
Participants do not need to be members of the gym to get involved. Team registrations can be done at One Fitness 24/7 or by emailing email@example.com
Teams will receive pledge books and ‘Push-ups with a purpose’ tracking sheets.
“The fundraiser will culminate on Sunday 1 November with a ‘Grand Push Up Total’ event held at One Fitness 24/7 and the Sebel Harborside. Here teams will compete head to head to see how many push-ups they can accomplish for this cause.”
- Australia’s first Suicide and Self-harm Monitoring System website launched
- ‘Chats for change’ are here for you!
- Push for better this October
- Join the virtual ‘Out of the Shadows’ walk!
- Local event planned to mark R U OK? Day
- Developing a local response to suicide prevention in Kiama and Gerringong
- Celebrating Wear It Purple Day for LGBTIQ+ young Australians!
- Next Steps wins grant to explore gender differences in suicide prevention
- Invitation: an opportunity for substantial change!
- Working together to deliver quality community training
- Keeping well & staying connected amidst COVID-19 shutdown
- Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) program kicks off for 2020
- Article: Illawarra suicide prevention head Alex Hains says we all have a role to play
- Nominate someone you know for a LiFE Award today!
- Find support during the bushfires
- Find support for yourself and others during the holidays
- Services for people experiencing homelessness during the holidays
- Applications now open for Innovation Research Grants!
- Development of the NSW LGBTI Health Strategy
- Help us spread the word about suicide prevention