Suicide prevention is so much more than a risk assessment.
If you're a health professional in the Illawarra Shoalhaven, join us for an interactive workshop that will equip you with the latest skills and training in psychological treatments for suicidality.
The workshop will be facilitated by experienced presenters Adam McRae and Dr Rebecca Sng from Grand Pacific Health; Alex Hains from the Collaborative; and Carrie Lumby, lived experienced Collaborative member.
The workshop will be held in two locations.
- Date: Monday 21 October
- Time: 9am - 4pm
- Venue: Grand Pacific Health Centre, 107 Scenic Drive, Nowra
- Date: Tuesday 29 October
- Time: 9am - 4pm
- Venue: Shellharbour Civic Centre, 76 Cygnet Ave, Shellharbour
To gain free entry to the training, complete a 20 minute self-assessment tool via: www.suicidepreventioncollaborative.org.au/selfassess
At the end of the self-assessment you will receive a code. Send this code and your preferred training day to email@example.com by Wednesday 16 October to reserve your seat!
For more information, see the suicide prevention training flyer.
- Applications now open for Innovation Research Grants!
- Development of the NSW LGBTI Health Strategy
- Help us spread the word about suicide prevention
- Have you seen our new Evaluation video?
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card
- Free local suicide prevention training
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’
- The Productivity Commission has released an issues paper
- Tim Heffernan and Toni Garretty among new Deputy Commissioners for mental health
- Check in with family and friends during the festive season
- Young people donate to support local suicide prevention efforts
- Lend your voice to improve emergency and follow-up care for a suicidal crisis
- Illawarra Hawks join QPR campaign for suicide prevention
- A mo takes a month, QPR takes an hour