This Friday 16th March, 30 cyclists will embark on a gruelling 8-day, 1433 kilometre bike ride from Sydney to Melbourne. On their way, they will stop in Wollongong to deliver a community forum about mental health and suicide prevention.
Puka Up Founder & CEO, Wayne Schwass, has partnered up with Black Dog Institute to deliver these forums which will include chats with AFL personalities such as Danny Frawley (former St Kilda Captain and Richmond Coach), Scott Cummins (Former West Coast & Collingwood player), Paul Licuria (Former Collingwood player), Justin Koschitzke (former St Kilda player) & Travis Auld (AFL Chief Financial Officer & General Manger of Clubs).
A forum will be held at the Novotel Wollongong this Friday 16th March from 7:00pm.
Everyone is welcome to attend this free event and we hope to see you there!
- Have you seen our new Evaluation video?
- Launch of the Collaborative's first Report Card
- Free local suicide prevention training
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’