If one of your mates was suicidal, would you know what to do?
Today marks the last day of Movember, a national campaign which aims to raise awareness for men's mental health and suicide prevention.
It's been great to see thousands of men from around Australia getting involved in this important cause. To keep the momentum going, why not sign up for Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) - an online suicide prevention course that takes just one hour.
This evidence-based course will help you gain the skills and confidence to support a mate who might be struggling. An added benefit is that the Collaborative is offering FREE QPR training!
Sign up now: www.suicidepreventioncollaborative.org.au/QPR.
- Illawarra Mercury receives national media award for 'Care to QPR' campaign
- Join us for the Collaborative's R U OK? Day event!
- Funded placements are still available for health professionals to attend Recovery Camp!
- The power of people with lived experience working together
- Help us spread the word about help available in our region!
- Collaborative sums up successes with new Progress Report!
- Raising awareness for suicide prevention at ‘Battle of the Countries’
- The Productivity Commission has released an issues paper
- Tim Heffernan and Toni Garretty among new Deputy Commissioners for mental health
- Check in with family and friends during the festive season